Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Limbaugha ha ha.

O' dear, I just had one of the best laughs I've had in a long time. I feel so much healthier because of it, thanks Rush! Yesterday, Rush took it upon himself to be the one man bipartisan debate. I suppose this is possible if he has multiple personalities, which for the record could be plausible :). I mean, there is G.I. Junkie Limbaugh, G.I. Neo-Con Limbaugh, G.I. (Republican) White House Spokesman Limbaugh... all of which can be purchased at his website, however, before you can purchase anything you must register your soul and pay the premium of approaching his enlightenment.

But I digress, Limbaugh had this to say:

LIMBAUGH: Moving onto the audio sound bytes. Yesterday, Michigan State University. A forum on the state of news journalism. ABC's Sam Donaldson says, "How important is objectivity?"

DONALDSON (audio clip): If you listen to Rush Limbaugh, you don't hear a lot of the other side. I try to --

LIMBAUGH: Stop the tape. Sam, you don't listen to Rush Limbaugh. Otherwise you wouldn't have said that. What do I do on this program? I set up exactly what the other side's position is. I'm the only one who'll do it honestly. If I have a liberal guest on this program, I'm not guaranteed the liberal guest is going to be honest about what he believes. So in order to establish what I believe and what I think, I set myself up by presenting the liberal point of view on whatever issue it is I'm talking about. So he's wrong about that.
(source)

Let me get this straight, as an honest man (hahum Oxycontin can be attributed to this delusional view) he feels that he is the "only one who'll do it honestly", referring to himself laying out the 'liberal' point of view (POV). Let us follow this junked logic:

Let:
self = "Limbaugh"
A="liberal POV"
A2= "Conservative POV"
B= True
C="belief"
D="a external liberal"

Since D AND A = ~B
Therefore (( self AND A) = B )
If A != A2
Then (self AND A) < (self AND A2) since (self > D) AND D != B therefore AND self=self
Else:
D < style="font-weight: bold;">AND (D AND C) in the subset of (self AND C)
Therefore self = B

Translation:
Since an external liberal POV is not True, Limbaugh vocalizes the liberal POV as truth. If the liberal POV is not the same as conservative POV then Limbaughs vocalization of the liberal POV is lesser than Limbaughs vocalization of the conservative POV since an external liberal is not True. Therefore one must conclude that only Limbaugh is True. If the liberal POV is the same as the Conservative POV then the external Liberal belief is a subset of Limbaughs belief and therefore the external liberal is lesser than Limbaugh.

Of course, for anyone to have the patience to work through this logic, logic properties aside, one would have to most certainly be on some Oxycontin in order to settle down enough in order to analyze it. That or just have something to prove, which in the case of the latter, only goes to show you that the liberal mind seeks to understand the opposition in order to justify what kind of crazy good pills ones must swallow in order to take a specific stand.

Interestingly enough, the forum that Sam Donaldson put the question to was about media bias. What better bias does one need with a one-man show!?!?

In holding true to my most recent trend of posting interesting tidbits, I submit as evidence this from the French:

"Two quite opposite qualities equally bias our minds - habits and novelty"
Jean de la Bruyere quotes
(French satiric moralist, 1645-1696)
(source)



1 Comments:

At 11/03/2005 6:27 PM, Blogger BigBuddhaPuppy said...

Just me, myself and I...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home